What are the most frequently asked investment banking interview questions? They are generally categorized as follows:
- Resume / Personality
- Financial Market
- Investment Banking
- Brain Teaser
North America is where bankers can learn a lot. For those who really want to make a lot, Asia Pacific is the paradise. While Goldman Sachs is one of the most admired employers, let’s take a look at their video briefing to candidates for how to prepare for an investment banking interview in the Asia Pacific region. Source: Goldman SachsTop 10 Investment Banking Interview Questions
- Walk me through the highlights of your resume. I'm interested in the decisions you have made.
- Why investment banking? Why our bank?
- How do you value a company?
- Why did you choose Goldman?
- What other firms are you interviewing with and why? Are you interviewing with consulting firms also? What career opportunities are you exploring other than iBanking?
- What were your grades in college? What were your grades for the first semester at university? What was your GMAT score? Be ready to explain any weak-points.
- What qualities would you consider most important for a career in iBanking? What are your greatest strengths? What are your weaknesses?
- What do you understand the responsibilities of an associate/summer associate to be?
- Describe a current event in the market?
- What questions do you have for me? Always have at least two questions prepared per bank.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at the other sets of iBanking interviewing questions.
Recommended reading: IB Interview Guide
Investment Banking Interview