HENRY HUNTER CFA
Phone: +81-90-1234-5678 Email: email@example.com
GARTMORE, Tokyo, 2002 – present
Quantitative Strategist - Alphagen Hokuto hedge fund
- Applied multiple investment styles incorporating fundamental valuation, event-driven, thematic, and quantitative analyses; dynamically re-weighted to optimize performance
- Communicated fundamental and tactical ideas to the fund manager, and tracked performance with a sector neutral portfolio on which incentives are based
- Developed investment decision systems including automated financial model, multi-stock valuation monitor, factor screening matrix, and performance tracking system
- Identified and back-tested multi-factor strategies applicable to the Japanese market to generate additional sources of alpha for the fund
- Created a real-time alpha model to track price movements, valuation ratios, earnings quality & revisions, and technical factors of all covered stocks through live data links
HEDGECASHFUND, Silicon Valley, 2000 – 2002
Director, Product Management and Strategy
- Managed the product lifecycle of the financial data aggregation product line
- Acted as product evangelist to close sales with key financial institution clients
McKINSEY & COMPANY, New York / Hong Kong, 1994 – 2000
Engagement Manager, FIG / E-Business, New York (1999-2000)
Senior Associate, FIG, New York (1998-1999)
Business Analyst, Telecom Group, Hong Kong, (1994-1996)
As Engagement Manager, led consulting project teams in various client engagements:
- Investment due diligence – evaluated the business model and revenue stream of an enterprise software company and recommended target price to a top private equity firm
- Market entry strategy in financial services in Asia – evaluated market potential, financial viability, and legal implications of an in-store banking concept in Asian markets
- Product strategy for an online bank in the U.S. – developed and launched investment and loan products for one of the largest online banking businesses to double its revenue
- Business unit strategy in European securities operations – created a market leading strategy for the securities processing and custody business of a top-5 global bank
- Competitive analysis of the ECN sector – predicted market evolution of the U.S. electronic trading sector and recommended tactical options to a top-5 investment bank
- Profit improvement in asset management business – restructured financial advisor teams and commission structure to achieve 30% profit improvement
2002 JSDA REGISTERED SALES REPRESENTATIVE, Sales representative registration approved by the Japan Securities Dealers Association
1997 MBA in Finance, Dean’s List - INSEAD, Fontainebleau
1994 Masters in Computer Science - MIT, Cambridge, MA
1993 Bachelors in Computer Science / Bachelors in Management - MIT, Cambridge, MA
Fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, proficient in Japanese
***End of sample resume. Come back tomorrow for my analysis.***
Recommended career tools:
Amazing Resume Creator
a DIY resume is good enough for an entry level job. Investment bankers always want the best out of the best. To stand out from the crowd, get Jimmy Sweeney’s help to craft a best resume for yourself.
Amazing Cover Letter
A powerful cover letter is the perfect partner of your resume. Personalize and customize your amazing cover letter with Jimmy Sweeney’s help.
Answer to my previous question: What is Alternative Investment?
An alternative investment is regarded as an investment product other than traditional investments such as stocks, bonds, money markets and/or cash.
As the definition of Institutional Investor magazine's Alternative Investment Newsletter, alternative investments include: commodities, financial derivatives, hedge Strategies (or absolute return strategies), real estate and private equity, as well as venture capital. They are supposed to have very low correlation with traditional investment products. However, this definition may not be suitable due to a fast-changing investment environment, and should be re-considered over time.
Some Alternative Investment managers, such as Hedge Funds, cannot advertise or announce their performance under U.S. and European law. Most Hedge Funds or Private Equity Groups only accept investment from high-net-worth individuals or institutions.
AIMA – The Alternative Investment Management Association - The Global, Not-for-Profit Trade Association for Hedge Funds, Managed Futures and Managed Currency Funds
Sample Resume, Resume Writing