Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ideal Investment Banking Cover Letter

Here is a sample of an ideal 20-second resume cover letter, extremely suitable for applying investment banking jobs. His one-page resume is also very well-written. A very good candidate though a little green for now. I'm sure he will be on my radar screen in a couple of years.

Dear Anna

I was referred to you by a friend. I am currently a third year analyst at Societe Generale Asset Management based in London. I am actively looking for opportunities in asset management or capital markets in Hong Kong/mainland China. Please find attached a copy of my resume. I would like to discuss in detail with you, please let me know if you will be available to speak on the phone in the next few weeks. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Henry


(note: all names are dummies)

Learn to write cover letters in an appropriate tone with persuasive power from Jimmy Sweeney's Amazing Cover Letters

Resume Cover Letter

No comments: