Saturday, February 16, 2008

Schroders Graduate Scheme

Simon Brazier joined Schroders Graduate Scheme in 1998 and now his AUM is over £500m. Here's what he says about Schroders.

Simon Brazier, Equities Fund Manager
1998 - Assistant, fund management desk
2000 - Managed own funds
2006 - Managed UK equity fund
2008 - Equities Fund Manager


The Schroders Graduate Scheme gave me the skills and knowledge to take on my first role as Assistant on the UK fund management desk. It very quickly meant working with Fund Managers – and I’ve basically been involved in UK equity fund management ever since.

In 2000, after two years on the desk, I started managing my own funds for the private bank, charities and pension funds – and I now run the Schroder UK Equity Fund, which is over £500m in value and very high profile. I took the fund on in the middle of 2006 and have generated strong performance against my benchmark since then. I’m now in a position of running large UK equity funds and so the medium term is about generating great performance for my clients.

Apart from my "day job" of managing UK equities, I’m also involved in graduate recruitment. I’m very proud of how we’ve been able to develop what I believe is one of the best graduate training programmes in the City. I’ve obviously benefited from the programme myself, with excellent initial training, followed by the chance to work with some of the best UK equity investors that there are in the market. Throughout my time here I’ve found the company is well resourced – and there’s also a healthy ‘people’ aspect to the business which means I can also enjoy the social side, such as captaining the Schroders hockey club. I really can say that if you’re fascinated by investment, want early responsibility and excellent training, then Schroders is the place for you.

Source: Schroders

Recommended Career Tools
These career tools are short-listed by Anna Maria D'Souza for those who serious want to start an investment banking career.
Amazing Cover Letters
Amazing Resume Creator
Secret Career Document

Investment Banking Career

No comments: