This resume sample belongs to a candidate who has six years of research experience in the investment banking field. His package is towards $400,000 p.a. In this resume sample, I have replaced the bank name with a similar tier investment bank as well as dummy personal details. See how he spells out his experiences that are of high value to his next employer.
Tel: 1-12345678 email: email@example.com
1210 Grosvenor Place, London E14, 5AA
Vice President, Global Quantitative Research, London, 2000 – present.
Risk Modeling, Transaction Cost and Portfolio Construction
- Risk Modeling - Designed and constructed multifactor macroeconomic risk attribute models (RAM) for Europe.
- Responsible for the entire R&D process, development of the SPLUS code, report writing and marketing to clients in Europe.
- Impact Cost/Optimization - Marketed the Goldman Equity Impact Cost model to clients in the region. Installed the proprietary Stockfacts software and trained clients. Bespoke client projects (impact cost reports, optimizations, portfolio risk analysis)
- Quantitative Stock Selection – Extensive experience in all aspects of systematic quant stock selection models (anomalies documented in academic literature, style factors, data quality issues, backtesting & performance analyis using SPLUS).
- Involved in the R&D, maintenance and client servicing of global relative value/momentum stock selection model (World Radar Screen).
- Style Factor Backtests – Designed/implemented an efficient backtesting framework in SPLUS that performs automated data downloads & includes a flexible menu of backtesting options (equal or value weighted tests, univariate or multivariate, stop losses, sell rules etc.)
- Statistical Arbitrage – Designed/implemented (SPLUS, VBA, Factset) stat arb pair trading models (AsiaPac Ex Japan, Japan and South Africa) as part of a 3-person team.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
Research Assistant, Centre for Financial Engineering, Chicago, 1998 – 1999.
Presented a research paper on the application of neural networks and feature selection for stock selection models.
Peking University and Harvard University, part time, joint program
Master of Science, financial engineering, 2005
University of Chicago, (on government scholarship)
Bachelor of Financial Engineering, 1998
Note: In this resume sample, you would notice this young banker has started with his experience, followed by education. It is highly condensed of information needed by a hiring manager looking for a quantitative analyst. This resume sample has just the right amount of information that generates a hiring manager's interest to call him for an inerview.
Recommended Career Tools
These career tools are seriously short-listed by Anna Maria D'Souza for those who serious want to start an investment banking career.
Amazing Cover Letters
Amazing Resume Creator
Post a Comment